The composition of units according to the “Field Service Pocket Book 1914”.
- 5 officers and 200 men
- 102 riding and 126 draught horses
- 6 [13-pounder] field guns
- Transport of one 2-horse cart, one 4-horse wagon, 12 6-horse wagons, 3 bicycles
When deployed on the road in approved layout, the battery would occupy 440 yards of road space (fighting portion) and 90 yards (first-line transport).
RHA Ammunition Column
- The figures given appear to relate to an Ammunition Column for a brigade of three batteries
- 4 officers and 223 men
- 44 riding and 236 draught horses
- Transport of one 2-horse cart, 6 2-horse wagons, 2 4-horse wagons, 32 6-horse wagons, 3 bicycles
When deployed on the road in approved layout, the column would occupy 830 yards of road space.