August 1914 : at Combermere Barracks at Windsor.
On mobilisation one Squadron left and came under orders of the Household Cavalry Composite Regiment. This Squadron returned in November 1914.
1 September 1914 : regiment moved to Ludgershall and came under orders of 7th Cavalry Brigade in 3rd Cavalry Division.
7 October 1914 : landed at Zeebrugge.
21 November 1914 : transferred to 8th Cavalry Brigade in same Division.
7 November 1917 : transferred to 7th Cavalry Brigade in same Division.
10 March 1918: left the Division and converted into No 3 (Royal Horse Guards) Battalion of the Guards Machine Gun Regiment.
22 May 1918: moved as Army Troops to First Army.