August 1914 : headquarters and “A” Squadron based at 1 Erdigg Road in Wrexham; B” Squadron at Denigh; “C” at Bangor; “D” at Birkenhead. Under command of the Welsh Border Mounted Brigade in the Mounted Division.
November 1915 : became a dismounted unit.
March 1916 : moved to Egypt and formed 4th Dismounted Brigade with the South Wales Mounted Brigade.
February 1917 : formed the 24th (Denbighshire Yeomanry) Bn, the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and came under orders of 231st Brigade in 74th (Yeomanry) Division. Moved to France.
Formed as a Second-Line regiment in September 1914 and remained at home.
July 1916 : converted into a Cyclist unit.
Formed as a Third-Line training unit in 1915.
Remained in United Kingdom until disbanded in early 1917.