August 1914 : headquarters in Kirkcaldy; “A” Squadron at Cupar; “B” at Dunfermline; “C” at Dundee;”D” at Forfar. Under command of the Highland Mounted Brigade.
August 1915 : dismounted and moved to Gallipoli via Egypt, landing on 26 September 1915.
February 1916: having returned to Egypt, Brigade moved into 2nd Dismounted Brigade.
21 December 1916 : converted into the 14th (Fife & Forfar Yeomanry) Bn, the Black Watch and came under orders of 229th Brigade in 74th (Yeomanry) Division. Moved to France in May 1918.
Formed in September 1914 as a Second-Line unit and came under command of 2/1st Highland Mounted Brigade in January 1915.
Brigade redesignated 1st Mounted Brigade in 1st Mounted Division in April 1916.
November 1917, converted into a Cyclist unit. Moved to Ireland in early 1918.
Formed as a Third-Line training unit in 1915.
Remained in United Kingdom until disbanded in early 1917.
The small regimental collection and archive is held at
Tel: 01334 656155
Fax: 01334 652354