- The brigade was formed on 6 August 1915 and was under command of 4th Divisional artillery.
- On 18 May 1915 86 (Howitzer) Battery had arrived from 6th Division
- 128 (Howitzer) Battery had arrived from 3rd Division on 25 June 1915
- Both were placed under orders of the new brigade on its formation
- On 21 May 1916, 86 moved to 14 Brigade and 128 to 29 Brigade (both also within 4th Division) and the brigade ceased to exist.
The Batteries and Brigades of the Royal Field Artillery
Order of Battle of Divisions