This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 7 Brigade RFA.
- Comprising numbers 4, 38 and 78 Batteries RFA plus 68 and 84 Companies RGA and 104 Battery RGA and based at Rawalpindi, this brigade came under command of the 2nd (Rawalpindi) Division of the Indian Army. It remained in India throughout the war.
– 68 Company RGA left in August 1914 and became 68 Heavy Battery RGA.
– 104 Battery RGA left for Mesopotamia in March 1915.
– In June 1915 the 1/4th Sussex Battery TF joined the brigade. It left in June 1916.
– 77 (How) Battery arrived to replace 78 Battery in June 1917.