This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 26 Brigade RFA.
- Comprising 116, 117 and 118 Batteries, this brigade was under command of 1st Division.
- 118 Battery left 4 February 1915 for 28th Division and joined 31 Brigade RFA.
- 40 (Howitzer) Battery, less one section, joined from 43 (Howitzer) Brigade also of 1st Division on 22 May 1916.
- On 14 January 1917 the brigade left 1st Division tobecome an Army Field Artillery Brigade. 40 Battery left it to join 25 Brigade RFA in 1st Division and was replaced by “A” Battery coming from 165 Brigade RFA of 33rd Division.