This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 34 Brigade RFA.
- This brigade was originally comprised of numbers 22, 50 and 70 Batteries RFA. It was under command of 2nd Division and went to France with it in August 1914.
- 22 Battery left to join 3 Brigade in 28th Division on 4 February 1915
- On 26 May 1916 one of the other brigades in 2nd Division (44 (Howitzer) Brigade) was broken up and its 56 (Howitzer) Battery, less one section, joined 34 Brigade.
- On 28 May 1916 the Brigade Ammunition Column left to join 2nd Divisional Ammunition Column.
- 521 (Howitzer) Battery joined on 16 November 1916 and was renamed as ‘D’ Battery.
- On 25 January 1917 the brigade left 2nd Division and became an Army Field Artillery Brigade, initially under Fifth Army.
- On the same date, ‘D’ Battery was broken up with one section going to 47 Battery of 41 Brigade and one to ‘D’ Battery of 36 Brigade, both in 8th Division.
- Also on that date, ‘A’ Battery joined from 60 Brigade and was renamed as ‘C’ Battery.
- Also on that date, a section joined 56 (Howitzer) Battery from ‘C’ Battery of 60 Brigade and the brigade was once again provided with its own Ammunition Column.