This unit was formed in Egypt in September 1917. It is not the same unit as 37 (Howitzer) Brigade RFA.
- This brigade was formed at Kantara in Egypt on 2 September 1917, comprising the former headquarters of 144 Brigade RFA and “A” and “B”” Batteries (also known as 389 and 390 Batteries) from 177 Brigade RFA.
- It was placed under orders of 75th Division at Deir-el-Belah on 4 September 1917.
- 405 (Howitzer) Battery arrived from England on 9 October 1917 and was renamed as “C” Battery.
- During October 1917 the letters were dropped and the batteries once again known by their original number titles.