This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 38 Brigade RFA.
- This brigade was originally comprised of numbers 24, 34 and 72 Batteries RFA. It was placed under command of the 6th Division and went to France with it in September 1914.
- 34 Battery was transferred to the 47th (London) Division on 15 February 1916.
- 508 (Howitzer) Battery joined from England on 8 December 1916 and was retitled as this brigade’s “D” Battery.
- “D” Battery was broken up on 14 January 1917, with sections going to 43 (Howitzer) and 87 (Howitzer) Batteries, in 12 and 2 Brigades RFA (both in 6th Division), respectively.
- The brigade left the division to become an Army Field Artillery Brigade on 14 January 1917.