Raised as a new regiment by Royal Warrant on 26 February 1915.
Initially located at White City, moved to Sandown Park 28 April 1915.
18 August 1915: landed at Le Havre and came under command of 3rd Guards Brigade, Guards Division.
2nd (Reserve) Battalion
August 1915: formed at Wellington Barracks.
Initially located at Marlow, moved to Tower of London in October 1915, going on to Tadworth on 12 June 1916, Orpington 24 October 1916, Tadworth 15 May 1917, Barnes 5 September 1917. Remained there throughout the rest of the war.