August 1914 : headquarters and “B” Squadron in Sherborne; “A” Squadron in Dorchester; “C” in Blandford; “D” in Gillingham (Dorset). Under command of the 1st South Western Mounted Brigade.
September 1914 : transferred to 2nd South Midland Mounted Brigade in 2nd Mounted Division.
April 1915 : dismounted and moved to Egypt.
August 1915 : landed at Gallipoli. Withdrew back to Egypt in December 1915.
January 1916 : Brigade became independent command and retitled 6th Mounted Brigade.
February 1917 : Brigade transferred to Imperial Mounted Division.
June 1917 : Brigade transferred to Yeomanry Mounted Division.
July 1918 : titles changed to 10th Cavalry Brigade in 4th Cavalry Division. Remained in Palestine until end of war..
Formed September 1914, and remained in UK until in July 1916, converted into a Cyclist unit. Took over the horses from 2/1st West Kent Yeomanry in November 1916, becoming a mounted unit again. Became Cyclists again in September 1917, and moved to Ireland in early 1918.
Formed as a Third-Line training unit in 1915.
Remained in United Kingdom until disbanded in early 1917.