This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 3 Brigade RFA.
- In August 1914 this unit was at Jullundur in India under command of 3rd (Lahore) Division and comprised numbers 18, 62 and 75 Batteries (the latter being at Peshawar). It was ordered to England and arrived on 16 November 1914.
- The brigade was re-formed at Winchester, the batteries being split into sections that also formed 146 Brigade. 75 Battery left at this point and the brigade came under command of 28th Division. It now comprised numbers 18, 62 and 365 Batteries (the latter having been part of the original 62 Battery).
- Went to France with the Division in December 1914 and moved with it to Salonika in late 1915.
– 22 Battery joined from 34 Brigade on 20 February 1915.
– 22 Battery left to go to 130 Brigade on 20 July 1916.
– D Battery joined from 146 Brigade on 10 August 1917 and now became D (Howitzer) Battery of 3 Brigade,
– 365 Battery was broken up on 11 August 1917, the two sections joining 18 and 62 Batteries respectively.
- The brigade thus ended the war with 18, 62 and D (Howitzer) Batteries.