This was a unit of Britain’s pre-war regular army. It is also sometimes shown as 20 Brigade RFA.
- Comprising 98, 99 and 100 Batteries, this brigade was in India when war was declared but was recalled to England. It arrived at Winchester on 19 November 1914 and was placed under command of the new 27th Division.
– 98 Battery then left for 1 Brigade and 100 Battery went to 31 Brigade (both less one section), and 67 Battery arrived from 1 Brigade, whereupon the brigade was reorganised, with a new 364 Battery being formed from the spare sections of 99 and 100 Batteries
– 148 Battery joined on 10 February 1915, having been formed by one section each from 11 and 39 Batteries
– 364 Battery left for 129 Brigade on 25 July 1916 in exchange for that brigade’s C (Howitzer) Battery, which on arrival was renamed as D (Howitzer) Battery
– 95 Battery was broken up on 27 December 1916, one section each going to 133 and 364 Batteries (and 364 was then renumbered as 95 Battery)
– 148 Battery was broken up on 27 December 1916, one section each going to 67 and 99 Batteries
The brigade thus ended the war with 95, 133 and D (Howitzer) Batteries.
- The brigade served with the division in France and Salonika.